SW Verification & Platform
SW Verification & Platform
Software Verification deals with various stages of Software testing activities such as
1. Static Testing
2. Software Unit Verification
3. Software Integration Testing
4. Functional Safety Validation
5. Model Based Unit Testing
6. Software Interface Testing
7. Test Automation (In-House Tools)
This white box testing is conducted for automotive software products for Brakes, Suspension, and Steering Business Units in order to satisfy ISO-26262 Functional safety standards. And also responsible for the development of Test Automation tools required to perform the similar testing jobs within the team.
It is a type of a Software Testing which is performed to check the errors under all possible control flows and data flows. They include checkers for coding rules such as MISRA guidelines, security vulnerabilities, code metrics, and hundreds of additional classes of bugs. Static testing is performed in early stage of development to avoid errors as it is easier to find sources of failures and it can be fixed easily.
Software Unit Varification
This software dynamic testing is performed to verify the functionalities of software units w.r.t LLR (Low Level requirements)
Software Integration Testing
This software dynamic testing performed to verify the functionalities between various software Modules w.r.t SW Architectural Design Specifications.
Functional Safety Validation
Functional Safety is a common part of the development process, Functional Safety Management Manual (FSMM) adapted in all Mando Automotive Products.
Functional Safety is a common part of the development process, Functional Safety Management Manual (FSMM) adapted in all Mando Automotive Products. FSMM is applicable to the development of safety-related E/E systems to avoid unacceptable risk caused by malfunctioning behaviour of E/E systems. The FSMM aims to meet requirements on overall safety management in ISO-26262.
Model Based Unit Testing
Model-based Unit testing is a systematic method to generate test cases from models of system requirements. It allows you to evaluate requirements independent of algorithm design and development.
Software Interface Testing
Interface testing is used in software engineering to evaluate the link that connects two parts of the system. Interface testing ensures seamless functioning, data consistency etc. of various data-driven applications and systems, by verifying the communication between the software.
Upcoming technology/ innovation
Further upcoming technology/ innovation (coming in 5 years) in your team (~60 words)
- Fault Injection Testing: In software testing, fault injection is a technique for improving the coverage of a test by introducing faults to test code paths, in particular error handling code paths that might otherwise rarely be followed.
- To extend the Software Dynamic testing at the target level eventually helps the Coding standards.
- Extension of MIL testing work to all the Software products across the other branches of Mando in globe.
- To perform the Functional safety activities by using the certified tools.